Vision, Mission and Key priority areas
Rhino Ark is a charitable trust whose vision is to promote and conserve the ecological integrity and sustainability of Kenya’s mountain forests and other threatened wildlife habitats. Rhino Ark’s mission is to continue to be the trusted partner in advocating, developing and implementing high-impact forest, water catchments and endangered wildlife conservation initiatives that tangibly support adjacent local communities. This is achieved through public-private partnerships in an equitable, efficient and transparent manner by developing and implementing effective, result-oriented management tools that engage and support the neighbouring local communities.
Rhino Ark ’s conservation programme is developed around six key priorities:
1) Protecting Kenya’s mountain forests, other threatened habitats and their wealth of biodiversity;
2) Engaging neighbouring, local communities in conservation, and delivering conservation education to these communities;
3) Securing the connectivity between mountain forests and other threatened wildlife habitats;
4) Establishing sustainable financing mechanisms for the conservation of mountain forests and other threatened wildlife habitats;
5) Advocating nationally and internationally for the conservation of the mountain forests and other threatened habitats; their wildlife and their ecological functions; and,
6) Using science to assess the impacts of, and review, conservation interventions.